According to news received from Section 6 of the Gohardasht Prison on Saturday August 22nd 2008, Dr. Mostafa Alavi was transferred to Branch 3 of the Revolutionary Court to receive his sentence.
Dr. Alavi was transferred to court with handcuffs, his feet were also cuffed. Once at court he was informed that he had been sentenced to 15 years of imprisonment.
Dr. Alavi sufferes from numerous illnesses including diabetes, intestine and heart problems, as well he has lost most of his vision on his left eye.
Dr. Alavi was arrested under the order of Hassan Zareh Dahnavi on Esfand 1935 and after spending some time in Section 209 of the Evin Prison, he was transferred to Gohardasht Prison on Shahrivar of 1386.
In the past few months many political prisoners have been sentenced to lengthy prison terms. Some of these individuals are:
1. Ms. Shahnaz Keypour-5 years imprisonment
2. Ms. Azadeh Gerayi- 10 years imprisonment
3. Mr. Mohsen Gerayi-10 years imprisonment
4. Mr. Alijan Gerayi- 5 years imprisonment
5. Mr. Mahmoud sadigh Kaboudvand-11 years imprisonment
6. Ms. Hanna Abdi- 5 years imprisonment
7. Ms. Zeynab Bayzeydi- 4 years imprisonment.
Human Rights and Democracy Activists in Iran condemn the arrest and the lengthy sentences imposed on political prisoners and urge the international community to voice their concern and help put a stop to the inhumane treatment of political prisoners in Iran.
Published on Saturday August 23rd 2008
Human Rights and Democracy Activists in Iran
Translation By: Sayeh Hassan