As I had mentioned in my previous posts tomorow (Dec 10th) is human rights day. This is a great opportunity for all of us to remember those who have lost their freedom for the cause of human rights, freedom and democracy. Amnesty International has organized a Writeathon and there is ample opportunity to write directly to prisoners of conciense as well as their family members to show your solidarity and support. I will post some of these cases and I hope we can all put aside a few minutes of our day tomorow and write. There was unfortunately only one Iranian case on their website (Naser Zarafshan) but I did contact them and they said we could also write to the two prominent student activists Ahmad Batebi and Kianoush Sanjari.

I will post each case individually withe the appropriate address and writing tips during the day.

2 Comments:

  1. Winston said...
    Winston said...

Post a Comment